Posted by: mamakass | February 28, 2010

FO: A Clownish Headband

Pattern: A Noble Cowl by Emily Kausilik (ravelry link)

Yarn: Circus Handspun

Needles: Size 6 dpns

Modifications: I only had enough yarn to do 1 3/4 pattern repeats, so it became a headband instead of a cowl. I also cast on 15 stitches less than the pattern called for.

Made for: Ply by Night

As I’ve been mentioning, I’ve been working on a dye-spin-and-knit-along with Ply By Night. This is my final project. Here is what it looked like when I finished knitting it:

I didn’t like the way the colors looked. It was too pastel for my taste and the purple looked dirty rather than purple. So I decided to over-dye the whole thing with more Cherry Kool-Aid in an attempt to make it prettier. And it totally worked. Now the yarn is semi-solid and the headband looks much prettier.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: